Weed curtains or barriers for rivers, canals, lakes and marinas
Debris drifting up and down rivers can become an issue, especially if your marina or an area of the river is cut off with very little water flow. These areas can become choked with rubbish and vegetation that's drifting and, in many cases, they become choked with duckweed too. Weed curtains or barriers can prevent this.
What are weed curtains or a weed barrier in a river?
River air curtain weed barriers are a system created by Heathland Group. Air is diffused from the bed of the river and travels to the surface, where it erupts causing a spreading motion.
This system design is unique to Heathland Group and we are able to supply this solution around the world. We have also seen good results in saltwater environments and have used the system to keep seaweed out of marinas and it seems to be quite effective.
The width of the river or opening to the marina has no effect on the results and the system can be reconfigured to any specifications required. All pipelines are weighted to keep them out of harm's way.
Air curtain equipment
Cabinet for weed curtains for 1m to 6m barriers
- The powdered coated aluminium outdoor enclosure features a limited lifetime warranty
- 24-hour timer
- 6″ high-output cooling fan included
- 24″ x 24″ x 3″ Polypropylene equipment base comes standard with every cabinet eliminating the need for a footing at a site unless secured anchoring is required
Compressor for the weed curtain or air curtain
- 1/2 HP dual piston oil-free compressors
- Quiet operation – rated at less than 65 decibels
- Maintenance kits available to optimise life expectancy
- Compressors feature a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
Air curtain airpod™ diffusers
- Diffuser membranes are self-cleaning
- Diffuser bases are self-weighted
- Check valves incorporated to prevent back-flow
- Diffusers release air inches from the pond bottom while still preventing disruption of settled organics
- Alternative disc diffuser membranes are available
- Diffuser membranes feature thousands of minute holes to optimise smaller air bubbles, entraining more water and creating greater volumes of water movement
- Diffusers feature a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
Air curtain anchor-line™ self-weighted air tubing
- Lead-free construction
- 3/8″ ID tubing for shorter runs
- 5/8″ ID tubing for long runs and maximum efficiency
- AnchorLine™ self-weighted air tubing features a 15-year manufacturer’s warranty
Heathland Group undertake a range of maintenance work on rivers
Our team of professional engineers are on call 24/7 to support our customers with any emergency and we are able to carry out all sorts of maintenance work that ensure rivers run clear and free.
We are based in Norfolk but we supply all the necessary equipment and our services to domestic and commercial clients throughout the United Kingdom. For more information and advice about any river services such as dredging, plant and weed clearance, erosion control, bank stabilisation, river redevelopment or any other aspect of river management please email [email protected] or call 0800 3891990.